Doug Van GundyA Life Above Water, was published in 2007 by Red Hen Press. Doug has been a visiting writer at Randolph Macon College, Barton College, Coastal Carolina University and Davis & Elkins College, and was recently an associate artist at the Atlantic Center for the Arts in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. He has presented and performed at the AWP and SAMLA conferences, and has read at various venues from New York to Los Angeles. In addition to writing, Doug has been an elephant keeper, a copywriter, a country radio disk jockey, a letterpress operator, and a TV game show winner. He plays fiddle, banjo, guitar, and mandolin in the old-time duo, Born Old, and frequently includes some element of musical performance in his readings. He lives in Elkins, West Virginia, and currently teaches at West Virginia Wesleyan College.
First posted on December 31, 2008 8:36 AM
- Farmstead: Back Mountain Road
- Teaching 8th Grade Math
- The Back Yard by Twilight
- The Martyrdom of Saint Porcine
- Doug Van Gundy Q&A on becoming interested in poetry
- Doug Van Gundy Q&A with advice to young writers
- Doug Van Gundy Q&A on his writing time
- Doug Van Gundy Q&A on reading his poems aloud
- Doug Van Gundy Q&A on his poem "The Martyrdom of Saint Porcine"
- Doug Van Gundy