Joseph O. LegaspiImago (CavanKerry Press, 2007), winner of a Global Filipino Literary Award. He lives in New York City and works at Columbia University. A graduate of New York University’s Creative Writing Program, his poems appeared in American Life in Poetry, World Literature Today, PEN International, North American Review, Callaloo, Bloomsbury Review, Gulf Coast, Gay & Lesbian Review, and the anthologies Language for a New Century (W.W. Norton) and Tilting the Continent (New Rivers Press). A recipient of a poetry fellowship from the New York Foundation for the Arts, he co-founded Kundiman, a non-profit organization serving Asian American poets.
First posted on October 31, 2010 11:37 AM
- Imagined Love Poem to My Mother from My Father
- My Grandmother, In Increments
- Poem for My Navel
- Men with Breasts
- The Kisser's Handbook (The Sensitive Male Chapter)
- The Homosexual Book of Genesis
- Dispel the Angel
- The Socks
- My Father in the Night
- Joseph O. Legaspi Q&A on his poem 'Imagined Love Poem to My Mother from My Father'
- Joseph O. Legaspi Q&A on obstacles to becoming a poet
- Joseph O. Legaspi Q&A with advice to young writers
- Joseph O. Legaspi